New York, October 31, 2016 – Today’s communications executives face a target audience that is over-stimulated, disengaged and distracted. As of 2015 the average person’s attention span is 8 seconds or less, and research recently reported by IDG shows that 48% of people spend less time meeting face to face than they did 5 years ago. Brands are increasingly challenged to connect with customers in a meaningful way. To address this challenge, Affect, a public relations firm specializing in healthcare, technology and professional services, and the Healthcare Businesswomen’s Association (HBA), will host a panel of experts on how brands can master the art of storytelling to better engage with and influence their target audiences.
- How to develop meaningful, authentic stories that will create memorable experiences for your audience
- How to use storytelling in a range of settings, including brand communications, internal communications, personal brand-building and the sales process
- How to leverage various storytelling mediums to influence an action, from visual storytelling to written communications to body language
- Melissa Baratta, Senior vice president, Affect (moderator)
- Kent Davis, Financial Adviser, Merrill Lynch
- David Fischer, President and principal trainer, Sandler Training
- Meghan O’Brien, Engagement leader, etch
- Jeanine O’Kane, President, InVentiv Health, US Public Relations Group
“Whether you’re a B2B or consumer brand, competition for attention in this environment is fierce,” said Melissa Baratta, Senior Vice President, Affect. “Storytelling is the key to getting your target audience to sit up and pay attention, to engage with you, and to take action. These panelists are masters of storytelling, and will share great tips on how to make your brand story memorable and compelling so you can better connect with and influence your audience.”
To register to attend the panel, visit: https://my.hbanet.org/MyHBA/EventDetails.aspx?MeetingID=7A9DCE6B-6286-E611-A5C2-0050569C00A7. The event will take place from 5:30pm – 8:00pm on November 9th at 420 Lexington Avenue, 30th Floor, New York, NY.
Affect is a public relations and social media firm located in New York. Established in 2002, the company specializes in technology, healthcare and professional services. Affect employs a results-driven approach to communications, crafting one-of-a-kind programs to help clients achieve their business goals. As year-round strategic counsel, or a single project resource, Affect leverages its creative talent, unique experience and forward thinking insights to achieve the precise results that its clients seek. Learn more: web: www.affect.com; blog: www.techaffect.com; Twitter: @teamaffect.
Senior Account Executive