- Affect is a public relations and social media firm based in New York
- Sandra Fathi to participate in speaking events with PRSA-NY, General Assembly, Bulldog Reporter and PR News
NEW YORK, October 22, 2012 — Affect, a public relations and social media firm specializing in business-to-business and business-to-consumer technology, healthcare and professional services today announced its lineup of upcoming speaking events. Sandra Fathi, founder and president of Affect, will participate in a number of events with the PR industry’s leading organizations. With nearly 20 years of experience leading communications programs, Sandra will provide insights and best practices on effective crisis management, online promotion, media relations and social media engagement.
- Social Media Crisis Communications, PRSA-NY: October 23, 2012– Affect will host a panel for the Public Relations Society of America New York Chapter where industry professionals will discuss how to successfully manage company crises that arise on social media. Sandra will moderate the panel, which includes Michael S. Clendenin, director of media relations at Con Edison, Jenny Dervin, vice president of corporate communications atJetBlue and Gary Kibel, partner at Davis & Gilbert. Register for the event here.
- Running an Online Contest, General Assembly: November 1, 2012– Affect will host a workshop at General Assembly on how to run a successful online contest. Over the last two years Affect spearheaded the award-winning New York Intern Project (NYIP), a social media contest where candidates compete for a summer internship. This program will include insights from the NYIP, unique ways brands can leverage online contests, and best practices for running a contest with a high return on investment. Register for the event here.
- Media Pitching in the Digital Age: New Best Practices for Engaging Journalists by Email, Phone and Social, Bulldog Reporter: November 8, 2012– Bulldog Reporter’s upcoming webinar on conducting media relations in a digital world will cover strategies for effectively pitching traditional and non-traditional media. Panelists include Sandra Fathi, president and founder at Affect, Harry Medved, head of public relations at Fandango, Lauren Lawson-Zilai, director of public relations and national spokesperson for Goodwill Industries International, Terri Rosenstock, APR, public relations coordinator at King Arthur Flour and Joe Hadfield, media relations and social media manager at Brigham Young University. Register for the event here.
- One-Day Boot Camp for Emerging PR Stars, PR News: November 29, 2012– This full-day conference hosted by PR News in Washington, DC will provide emerging PR professionals with the critical tools, strategies and insights needed to take their careers to the next level. Sandra will co-host a panel titled, “Social Media: How to Build Brands, Find Followers and Attract Fans,” alongside Jennifer Antonacci, Director of Portfolio Communications at Pfizer. Register for the event here.
Affect is a public relations and social media firm located in New York. Established in 2002, the company specializes in business-to-business and business-to-consumer technology, healthcare and professional services. Affect employs a results-driven approach to communications, crafting one-of-a-kind programs to help clients achieve their business goals. As year-round strategic counsel, or a single project resource, Affect leverages its creative talent, unique experience and forward thinking insights to achieve the precise results that its clients seek. For more information, web: www.affect.com; blog:www.techaffect.com; Twitter: @teamaffect.